Have a job availability? Let us know and we will spread the word!
Social Media Strategist - Full time
Public Relations Agency – Real Estate- Chicago Area Near North Suburb. Ref #901
Are you a Social Media Strategist? Have experience in creating unique content to maximize engagement on social media platforms? Do you enjoy pitching to prospective clients? Have you consulted with clients to determine social media best practices? Are you a pro on platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Want to work full-time?
Join this PR agency’s outstanding team of PR professionals. In this new position, you will literally create your own job in partnership with the PR agency president. You will consult with president and staff on social media resources, participate in new business development, tap into the Influencer market, and work directly with clients. You will bring contacts and resources including graphic designers, video production, bloggers and other professionals together for specific projects.
Client is a boutique, family-friendly agency. Strong emphasis on creativity, integrity, determination, and fun. Ideal candidate who enjoys a collaborative, open environment and stays up-to-date on trends /current events will thrive in this position. Writing test part of the interview process.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Up to 5 years of social media experience.
- Deep familiarity with social media tools including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and Pinterest.
- Familiarity with Houzz a plus.
- Extensive experience with Sprout Social and/or other content management/analytics platforms.
- Exceptional writing skills with proven ability to tailor messages to multiple audiences and social platforms.
- Thorough understanding of influencer marketing strategies; existing relationships preferred.
- Experience with graphic design, photography and/or video production adds value.
- Strong presentation skills- poised and confident with clients.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to long- and short-term deadlines.
- Desire to work both collaboratively and independently as part of small team.
- Results-driven and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in Excel.
- 15% Business Developmen
- 75% Client Assignments
- 10% Analytics
- Manage and provide strategic direction for agency’s own social media channels.
- Participate in new business pitches with company president; develop social media plans for new and existing clients.
- Lead day-to-day execution of social media campaigns on behalf of agency’s clients (both paid and earned).
- Attend client functions and industry events to generate content, often in real time.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant influencers.
- Compile comprehensive analytics reports that demonstrate ROI to agency’s clients.
- Research and stay current on topics and trends in social media and real estate.
Send your resume, writing and SM samples, and answers to the questions from this linkhttp://lhazan.com/qa/ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Header should read: Social Media Strategist. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 will make a difference.
Community Partner's Internship - DePaul University
Steans Center for Community-based Service Learning Community Partners Internship (CPI)
The Community Partners Internship, a program within the Steans Center, places Federal work study eligible DePaul students at partner organizations throughout the Chicago land area. The program aims to provide students with first-hand experience and application in the nonprofit sector.
These paid Internships are year-long, and positions range from administrative to Marketing or Public relations. More information can be found here.
- Be able to work 15 hours a week
- Be federal work-study eligible (If you are uncertain of your eligibility please contact DePaul Central at 312-362-8091 for assistance.)
- Attend monthly professional development/reflection sessions on Fridays from 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Be willing to travel (positions located off campus)
- Meet the qualifications/requirements outlined in the respective job descriptions for the organization.
Apply for the Community Partners Internship (CPI) Graduate Intern position on student Job Board
Contact: Jasmine Dash: JDASH@depaul.edu 773.325.2546